Thanks for signing up for my SQL Fundamentals course!
This course will teach you the fundamentals of database management, queries, and programming in SQL.
You can jump to any of the course lessons below:
- SQL Installation Guide
- Introduction to SQL Databases
- SQL SELECT Statements
- SQL SELECT DISTINCT Statements
- SQL COUNT Statements
- SQL SELECT WHERE Statements
- SQL ORDER BY Statements
- SQL LIMIT Statements
- SQL BETWEEN Statements
- SQL LIKE and ILIKE Statements
- SQL IN Statements
Additional details about the instructor and this course are listed below.
I want this course to be a personal experience. Because of that, I have created a Slack community for students to ask questions and interact with each other!
For those unfamiliar, Slack is a team messaging platform primarily used by businesses. Think MSN Messenger, but 10x better. I've used Slack in various capacities over the years and have always been pleased with my experience.
Click here to sign up for our Slack community and start communicating with other students!
Course Repository & Practice Problems
I actually have not yet made the practice problems for this course yet, but when I do, the information will be here!
What To Do If You Get Stuck
If you're working through this course and are stuck on a difficult problem, here's what you should do:
- Google for a solution: This is not just me being lazy! Real-world software developers often have to Google for solutions to their problems, so getting practice at this from the start is very beneficial.
- Ask a question in the Slack community: Other students further into this course will be more than willing to help you.
- Email me: You can use this link to email me. While I always love hearing from students, please exhaust the other two options first since I might not reply right away.
My name is Nick McCullum and I have worked in quantitative finance and computer programming for my entire career. I'm currently working as the President of Sure Dividend, where I built our technology stack from scratch, including:
- Python scripts deployed on AWS EC2 and AWS Lambda
- a PostgreSQL relational database on AWS RDS
- a client-facing Wordpress site featuring a members-only login area